Dec 26, 2007

Snowman

This is not near as great as my Mothers snowman, as seen here, but I think Brett and I did a pretty good job.

It was 1973 and I was 8 and Brett was 6 and the snowman is almost as big as us.

Notice that Brett is striking a pose that he would later teach to Chad.

Notice we are wearing our favorite gloves, Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam. (Looks like I am holding an icicle)

It's supposed to snow tonight.

If it is a good snowman building snow take a picture of your snowman, send it to me and I will post it here.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.Bug BunnyYosemite Sam and weapon

2 comments:

Emmalea said...

The house on Lexington grew the best icicles. They were always a winter treat I looked forward to seeing. It was a poor girl's diamonds. They caught the sun and gave quite a spectacular show.

Remember - this is the home I grew up in as a child. I always thought the hill in the front yard was big - until you boys played there. I think our front yard was only about 20 feet from the street. We moved the fence gate to include the side yard so you had more room to play safely. ~Mom

Emmalea said...

Also - I think Dad still wears that orange hat used on this snowman. I think this was the snowman's 2nd hat. I remember we put a hat that Chad had -- like a man's Sunday hat - and someone stole it! Either Chad took the photo (at 4) or he was in the house still mad about his hat being taken. He really was upset over that theft.