Jul 29, 2010

Gloomy Woods

October 1978 is the date on the slide.

Looks like a scary forest to me.
Dad's part looks kind of scary to me too. I can't say I remember him wearing his hair that way.

I do remember those cool hats though.
You can tell they are new because you can still see the ball on top of Brett's hat.

These fell apart quickly because when you got on the bus the other kids would swat at them.
Sometimes the kid in the seat behind you would pull out a strand or two before you could catch him.
I think we ended up cutting them off ourselves.

2 comments:

Emmalea said...

That scary forest was toward the top of Clingman's Dome. Dad's hair looked like that because of the high humidity and thick mist.

Brian Ashmore said...

Cool photo. The background looks like it's out of Lord of the Rings or something.