Aug 21, 2009

My Brother...

This my brother Darrell and my other brother Darrell.

The is the three amigos in 1977.

I am wearing a dog tag that I wanted really badly.
I looked everywhere for one.
I thought "Man a dog tag would be cool".
I could not find one.
We went to tons of art shows and there was always jewelry there but no dog tags.
Finally I found one but to get your name on it they engraved it and didn't stamp it.
It wasn't my first choice but I went for it.

••••••••••

As an adult I found a Army surplus store that sold dog tags and stamped your name in them.
I didn't get one but I got one for both my boys.

1 comment:

Bubbashelby said...

I went through that Dog Tag stage too lol - lucky for me my Dad had saved his - and we have the same name (well, first and last anyways) so that was pretty cool. I still have it in my dresser drawer - now I kind of want to wear it again lol!