Aug 9, 2011

Indianapolis Zoo 1973

My brother Brett and I playing on a playground at the Indianapolis Zoo.

Looks like it was also a waiting area for the train ride.

I remember the playground equipment at the zoo always being melt your skin hot.

Metal slides and things baking in the sun was always good for a burn to an uninitiated kid.
You only got toasted once or twice before you figured out how to slide on your pants only or go down on your shoes. It was always hot enough for rubber soles to slide on metal or you had to use the shuffle slide method.

Looks like Brett and I are looking for a patch of Chad's skin that got stuck to this solar hot plate.

Rookie.

1 comment:

Brian Ashmore said...

Yeah... what were the makers of metal playground equipment thinking? I had forgotten just how HOT those things could get!

Love the new Blog Logo!